BDS VANCOUVER Coast Salish Territories
Basis of Unity
a. Endorsing the Palestinian Civil Society Call for BDS objectives:
“These non-violent punitive measures should be maintained until Israel meets its obligation to recognize the Palestinian people’s inalienable right to self-determination and fully complies with the precepts of international law by:
1. Ending its occupation and colonization of all Arab lands and dismantling the Wall
2. Recognizing the fundamental rights of the Arab-Palestinian citizens of Israel to full equality; and
3. Respecting, protecting and promoting the rights of Palestinian refugees to return to their homes and properties as stipulated in UN resolution 194″ – See more at: http://www.bdsmovement.net
b. Regardless of its national and/or geographic location, any company, organization or institution that is empowering Israeli war crimes, ethnic cleansing and Apartheid is complicit in them, and accordingly is subject to the economic and cultural boycott call.
c. We believe in the universality of human rights, and that the injustices that befell the Palestinian people should be rectified.
The committee will operate as a collective, with all decisions being made democratically, by majority vote.
• Membership is open to individuals who subscribe to, and actively work to promote, the committee basis of unity; and who pay CPA membership dues ($15 a year).
• Applications for new membership will be ratified by the committee collective, by majority vote.
• Members are entitled to attend CPA regular meetings if they choose to do so.
For more info, or to become involved with the committee, please email email@example.com